LDL a "little " high (143) all other numbers EXCELLENT dr,Am I wrong, or is he way off track ?

LDL a "little " high (143) all other numbers EXCELLENT dr wants me on meds, why??? I am 50, very active, I weigh 200 lbs, but a very muscular 200. I drink 6 oz red wine a day, 2 cups coffee, 2 cups tea No soda or any thing with high frutose or fake sugar I eat healthy, balanced diet No risk factors other than I am 50 No family history of heart disease or attacks My blood pressure is excellent 118 to 122 / 83 to 85 I do not smoke or drink other than a little red wine for it's benifits I take vitamins, excersise (walk) eat healthy homemade food (I am a chef) I am healthy except I have genetic Osteo arthritis My Cholesterol total is 215 and my dr says he wants me on meds. But I think my numbers are excellent except a "slightly" high LDL LDL 143 (thats at the end of winter when I am not as active, I live in Northern Maine) HDL 68 Trigl. 55 Now with very little risk factors, a high HDL, and a very low trigl level my Dr was angry with me for not going on meds. I refused, told him why I refused, he wouldn't listen to me, was very agitated, visibly angry. I am very knowlegable about my body and any health issues. I study what I don't know to learn what I can, so I am not stupid. But he treated me like I was. Am I wrong, or is he way off track ?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Apr 2010