L4-L5 and L5-S1 disc annular tear, loss of toe movement, numbness, surgery

Hi Doctor my wife is diagnosed to have L4-L5 and L5-S1 disc annular tear she is suffering fro foot drop on right with loss of big toe movement and numbness of three toes of left foot for 3 days ,she was advised epidural and surgery later if needed she dont want intervention my question is 1) can we wait sometime to try alternative medicine like chinese triditional meds ?? or should proceed for surgery as advised by orthpedics concultant?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012