Knuckle injury, swelling, soreness, red, hot to touch. Putting neosporin ointment. Treatment options?

I cut my r middle index finger knuckle at work opening a box at work. Had. 3 stitches. Was told to put neosporin oint on it when I changed the bandage everyday. Dr looked at it last thurs said it looked good. Had stitches removed today but was told the wound looked wet an I shouldn t be putting the ointment on it they put steri strips on it and told me to leave it out in open to dry out. Finger is swollen, knuckle itself is sore, but not hot to touch. Is a little red. Am worried about infection. Can t take antibiotics due to genome deficiency on cyp chain. Advice please
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012