Knees crack/pop while bending. Hurts to touch in some areas. ACL or PCL tear?

Every time i walk my knees (mostly the right) cracks/pops in and out. Every time i bend my knees its hard to get up and just sitting down or standing up for a period of time hurts! Im pretty sure i didnt injure my knee (like hit it or something) but its been about 1-1.5 weeks and its still has no change. I have used a symptom checker and it was saying that i might have a acl or pcl tear. My knee is a little swollen (it was worse but over the period of time it went down a little)it cracks, when ever i touch it in some spots it hurts.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Thanks for the query. Indeed, one of the possibilities is that of a ligament tear, given the mention of inflammation, either the crossed ligaments but more commonly the collateral ligaments; nevertheless, given your other symptoms a meniscus tear is far more likely; an MRI would specifically tell us the site of damage.

Hope that helps, wish you the best,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN