Knee x-ray shows loss of joint space and total cartilage wear. Option to total replacement of knees?

HI Dr Siegel, My knee x-rays show complete loss of joint space and total cartilage wear. My otrho says my knee caps are also totally worn off and there are boney spurrs at the ends of the knee caps. The pain does not go away even with knee exercises.Is there any option to total replacement of the knees? Are there any other options to reduce pain and get to my normal activities. I enjoy playing golf and I cannot play as often as I want. I m 71 years old and weigh 175lbs.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013