Knee pain. History of broken leg. What could be my problem?

Hi my name is Shelby. I broke my leg right below my knee when I was about 10. While my leg was broken the only way I really got around unless I was in public was by hopping on the opposite leg. Now I m 18 and I have been having severe pain in both of my knees. The only way I can describe the pain is that it feels like a really bad tooth ache in my knees. Most of the time when it happens but not always I walk a little more than I normally do during that day. If has been happening for a while now and when I say a while I mean for I as long as I can remember. I know its not from a lack of calcium or potassium because I drink about 5 to 7 glasses of milk a day and I eat broccoli like crazy. I would love to know what you think could be my problem
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think it can be chondromalacia patallae. I would suggest you to get MRI of the knee to confirm the diagnosis. If there is any softening of patella as i am thinking then treatment will be following.
1. Dicerin tablet 50mg daily
2. static quadriceps exercise
3. avoid staircase and squatting and cross leg sitting.