Kidneys shutting down and losing blood. Had blood transfusions. Is it safe to test a tissue sample?

My fathers kidneys are shutting down his doc said his kidneys are at 16% and he keeps loosing blood. He s had two blood transfushions already and they don t know what can be causing his kidneys to decline.they want to put a needle into his kidneys to draw some tissue sample . How safe is that and why do you think he s loosing blood. He was just at 20% yesterday and today at 15. Please help me find some answers.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013