Kid, bumps over back, spreading, tummy ache, cough, sleepy. Taking medication. Any ideas?

My son started with a small round patch on one of his upper thighs-its not ringwrom.
Now he has small bumps all over his back. I took him to see the doctor. He had a tummy ache and a cough. Doctor gave me a decongestant. Bumps started spreadking so another provider from the same team stated he has some virus that has no cure and that it will take care of itself. My concern is now it is all over his body, it has moved to his neck and face and he is sleepy
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013