KUB ultra sonography results show bilateral diffuse renal parenchymal disease. What does it mean?

Hi, I would like to ask for your help to interpret my grandmother s KUB Ultra-sonography: Both kidneys are normal in size with thinned parenchyma. The right kidney measures 8.0 x 3.58 cm with corticomedullary thickness of 0.76 cm. The left kidney measures 8.65 x 4.23 cm with corticomedullary thickness of .94 cm. No focal mass or lithiasis seen. The pelvocaliceal system of both kidneys are not dilated. The urinary bladder is physiologically distended with wall thickness of 0.24 cm. No abnormal intravesical echo seen. The prevoid volume is 361 ml while the postvoid volume is 43 ml. Impression: Bilateral Diffuse Renal Parenchymal Disease. Sonographically Unremarkable Urinary Bladder.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013