Joint pain, locked knee joint, cannot stand or walk. Rheumaeology disease?

My sister, who is near Udupi in India, Karnataka is suffering of accute joint pain. She is around 42 and has been in bed for over four years now. Her Knee joints are locked and can not stand on her feet or walk. Totally dependent. She was treated by Ayurvedic experts for years now I sincerely believe they are only giving her pain killers for temporary relieve. She has strong will power, very patience. Is she suffering from Rheumaeology disease? any cure closer to Mangalore in South India?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012