Joint pain, body pain, possible parvo virus. On prednisone. What is going on?

Dr. Grief, @ 10-weeks ago, my 24yo daughter suddenly had joint pain throughout her body. Prior to that, she had no symptoms of anything. We have taken her to several Dr's, who ave not been able to label this condition. Currently, she is seeing a Rheamatologist, who originally thought it was Parvo Virus, but the blod tests ruled that out along with ruling out everything else. The current Dr has brought her in for additional blood work, but at this time he is very baffled by her condition. He placed her on prednizone (4-tablets/day) for 1-week, with dramatic results. He began to ween her off, 'til she was not taking any pills. Within 2-days, the pain was beginning to return. He placed her back on 2-pills/day and that appears to be working, but I don't think remaining on a steroid is good for long term use. We are all baffled by this and we would appreciate any comments or ideas you may have as to what this could be. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013