Jaw pain after eating steak. Did I tear a muscle?

Hi. I m 18. Its my dads birthday and we went to Outback Steakhouse. i was eating steak and tried to rip apart 2 pieces with my tongue . i must have stuck my tongue out too far because i heard a rip/popping sound (i can t describe it) and the right side of my jaw hurts when i eat or chew my food. did i just tear a muscle? will i be ok? i m quite scarred...
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello thanks for consulting at hcm..i think u might have injured ur tmj either the muscles attached or ligaments,,take analgesics and muscle relaxants,, give hot and cold fermentation alternatively, massage the area,,,give good rest to right tmj,, ,, eat only soft food in small sized bites,,on the left side if possible..either ways go and take an opine for iopa r, adn opg,tmj view open and close, and finally mri if nothing can be seen in x-rays..plz consult a oral medicine or oral surgeon asap if prblm perists..