Jaw and chin extension surgery done. Nerve damage in chin and lower lip, chin spazzing. Would steroid shot help? How to stop it?

Hi I had double jaw surgery and some work done to extend my chin as well. This was almost 15 years ago. I've had permanent nerve damage in my chin and lower lip ever since which I've accepted (and at least I'm not constantly drooling like I initially did)! But in recent months my chin has started spassing, especially after holding it tight for a few seconds(ex brushing teeth, etc). It appears I have an indent in the center that releases and somewhat flutters as it chooses. What can I do to stop this? Steroid shot, exercises? I just don't understand how after all these years it's causing issues. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't visible and so weird looking. One minute my chin looks normal, the next it has a clif that "flashes" on and off. Help!!
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013