Itchy swollen rectum with severe bleeding. How to get relief?

Hi, I m Rob and I m 20 years old. Lately my rectum has been swollen and gets really itchy. It gets embarrassing because when I am out I feel like my rectum is sweating, but when I get home and wipe it it s actually yellow/brown fluid, sometimes with spots of blood . I ve taken to actually folding up toilet paper and pushing it up there to stop it from leaking. I was wondering what I could do to get some relief because it s really frustrating.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Thanks for choosing HCM.
I feel you have a sore anal area due to scratching.
Pl do the following things-
1] Sit in a tub of tolerably hot water for a few minutes twice a day.
2] Apply some calamine lotion to the area after getting up from the tub.
3] Take a de-worming tablet after consulting your doctor.
4] Get a stools test done.
5] Avoid spicy, oily foods.
If no relief see a doctor.
Hello Rob,

The symptoms explained by you are probably due to ANAL FISSURE. If there is a history of constipation (Hard stool with straining), recurrent episodes of diarrhea or injury to anal canal may cause tear in the anus. If not treated in time, it might lead to complications. It requires dietary modifications to get rid of. So please consult your doctor or gastroenterologist as soon as possible. He will do the rectal examination to diagnose the condition & guide you in better way.