Itchy scalp, no scalp solutions working. Itching all over leg, bleeds on scratching. Solution?

I have a very itchy scalp but no dandruff , no irritation. My scalp is normal. It is driving me crazy. I have been to 2 different dermatologists , been prescribed many different scalp solutions, tried every itch shampoo on the market .....all to no avail. The latest addition has been 75 mg of Doxepin every night for the last 2 months. This was working but the last 2 weeks the itching has come back. I also have a nasty bumpy itch all over my leg. I make it bleed from scratching . the doctor has suggested 300 to 600 mg of Gabetin now for the scalp itch. I have not tried it yet. I was just prescribed 300 mg . Of Gabetin by my Orthopedic Dr. for my Bad. Back. I am to start it tonight for a month. Can I stop the Doxepin cold turkey since it is not helping anymore . Please help.!!!!!!!! The itching is driving me crazy!!!!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013