Itchy red rashes around groin after sleeping with wet underwear on. Spreading. Remedy?

Hello Doc , Im a 19 yr old Male having a fit and healthy life. About a couple months ago, I slept with a wet underwear on and have developed some extremely itchy, red colored rashes around my groin . Earlier i ignored it thinking they might subside with time. but this hasnt been the case. The rash has grown to my thighs, scrotum and even till the base of my penis. This has become a serious problem with me nowadays. its affecting my social life a lot because i cant stop scratching sometimes, even in public. I have tried antisceptic creams and even Itch creams(itch guard) with no gain. I ve been searching on the net, i think the problem is some fungal infection like Jock Itch. pleas suggest me some good remedy
Asked On : Sun, 5 Feb 2012