Itchy rashes on the leg. Not bed bugs. what else could it be?

Hi, I have been getting bit only on my right lower leg for a month now. It all started when I was outside running and I felt an itch . I ve probably gotten about 15 total. They are little red bumps with a puncture like thing in the center. They can swell and be sore and really itchy. We thought they were maybe bed bug bites because every morning I would get a new one, but we checked and there are no signs of bed bugs. Do you have any idea of what it could be?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013