Itchy rashes and bumps on face, swollen eyelids, fever, itchy neck. Taking antibiotics. Cause?

Hi, a couple months ago i experienced a bad rash on my face. I had really tiny white bumps all over my face which was itchy and unable to come off, it felt like sandpaper. My skin was dry and itchy, and my whole face was swollen up my eyelids were also very puffy. I also had a high fever . It began by my neck being itchy then the very next day it spread very quickly all over my face. I went to the doctor and they announced it as strep throat but when the test result came back, it was not strep throat. However, the doctor prescribed me antibiotics and the rash went away . But i still do not know what the infection was or the cause of it ...
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012