Itchy rash with white head pimples around the tattoo after a week, had excessively used lotion. Cause?

I got my tattoo six days ago, its all along my side of my ribs. About two days ago I noticed a rash starting to form around it. It is very ichy, but that could also be from the tattoo healing , but it feels like it could be combined since its ichy outside of the tattoo as well. I thought it might have been from my excessive use of lotion, so I have minimized it to when I wake up, afternoon and before I go to bed but the rash still got worse. It is red and bumping, and looks like a bunch of small, very small white head pimples . I was wondering what this could be and if I should be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012