Itchy rash on scrotum spreading to penis, swelling over penis. Treatment options?

I had an itchy rash that started on my scrotum and over the past couple of days has moved to my penis . My penis has become pretty swollen and extremely itchy. I have been treating with non-hydrocortizone creams for about a week or so. I am extremely concerned regarding my penis. Any ideas as to what this could be or treatment options. I have been married to the same person for some years now and have not had intercourse in a few months. I am also Caucasian and 34 years old. Please help!!
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012