Itchy rash on scalp, lower back, shoulder. Taking mexzide for high BP. Recommendations?

I have a very itchy rash that develops on my scalp, lower back, shoulders and elbows. My dermatologist thought maybe it was dermatitis herpetifomis. All tests have come back neg, including skin biopsy, Iga & Ttg. The rash temporarily clears for the most part while if I take prednisone. I take Maxzide for high BP and have read that it can possibly cause a rash. I have been taking it for 2.5 years. The rash developed after taking the Maxzide for 2 years. I am at a loss and tired of itching.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013