Itchy rash on both sides of crotch alongside vulva, red bumps on outside. Jock itch ?

I have a rash that goes down both sides of my crotch and along the outside of my vulva but is not inside. It itches. There are small red bumps on the outside of the rash and the interior pasrt is just red with no bumps. I suspect it may be jock itch but I have been applying gold bond itch cream for the past few days and it sometimes looks better, but it is not clearing up. I am married and have been monogamous and my husband has no symptoms, so I feel safe in ruling out an STD . My husband is telling me to go to the doctor but I feel like it is nothing serious and it will clear up in a few days. What do you suggest?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012