Itchy, hot red welts on arm, buttocks and shoulders. Taking prednisolone. Are they scabies?

hi, my name is marilyn and i have itchy, hot red welts mainly on my arms, hands and legs they have also started appearing on my buttox and shoulders. They started off just on my arms and hands and looked like scabies to begin with but they are now too big to be bites. I have been pescribed scabies treatment and have been changing my bed linen daily which hasnt helped. I am now taking prednisolone to reduce inflamation and have been using steroid cream but nothing seems to be helping the heat/ itchiness of the welts. Any ideas? Thankyou.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013