Itchy flaky skin in the navel with yellowish discharge. Reason?

For the past several months I have had a problem with my navel where the skin inside will flake off and mildly itch . Accompanying this the skin is left red and there is foul smelling clear, sometimes yellow, discharge . The problem has been persistent but never escalated or interfere with me, rather it is just embarrassing. It may also be noted my navel is rather small in diameter. Aside from that I am a healthy 19 year old male on the skinnier side.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013