Itchy ear, pain, wetness. History of sinus drainage. Should I have it checked out?

Three nights ago inside my right ear was itchy so I used a Q-tip to relieve it, afterwards it hurt. For the last two mornings I have work up with my right ear hurting, and it feels wet inside it. Also, I recently just got over a bug that cause a great deal of sinus drainage, which was really the only symptom that came with the cold . Should I go have it checked out, worried it might be an infection, or could this just be part of the bug I m fighting off?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013