Itchy dry throat, cough, white specs on the tonsils. Negative for strep. Difficulty in talking or singing

Hello, I have been struggling with a cough for a few months now and every day it s the same. Itchy and dry throat and occasional sore throat . There have been some white specs on my tonsils but they come and go. I got tested negative for strep but it feels like its further to my vocal cords. It even gets tiring or irritated when I talk and sing. I thought it was post nasal drainage cause of the hacking of mucus and the wheezing i made while inhaling, but I just don t know what s wrong.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013