Itching under breasts. Black spots on hips, abdomen, armpits, neck. On anti histamines, topical creams. No help. Cause?

My condition started with itchiness under my breast. After I scratched the skin thickened and reddened and couple hours later I noted it became a black patch.This condition gradually spread to my groin areas and crease on anterior part of my elbow . Went doctor and said its fungal infection under my breast and groin and then the one on my crease in front of elbow is from cold weather. I was on prednisone for 10 days and a dose of antifungal med. Been taking antihistamines oral and topical, but up to now still suffering. Worse is that it is spread now to my hips, abdomen, sides of my body, armpits, and neck. I m afraid to go back to my doctor coz what if whatevetreatments or advice will not work. I requested for blood work up and asked if it might be related to my history of hyperthyroidism that is controlled now. Itchiness feels like I am wearing wool fabric that is so rough, it spreads, skin thickens and in other areas my skin becomes bumpy and then it leaves dark patches.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013