Itching on inner arm creases, head, chest and back, bumps, stopped smoking, exercises

I am getting an increasingly uncomfortable itching (I have had this for a couple of years to a much lesser degree) over most of my body- particularly inner arm creases, head,chest and back. I have small sore bumps on my chest.
My GP said it was where I exercise a lot and sweat irritation. Could it be worse recently as I stopped smoking 3 weeks ago from the chemicals being excreted?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Hi itching in the arm creases.head chest and neck is acute urticaria.sores on the chest can be only due to repeated dcratching.exercises increases sweat and increases the rash.whereas smoking has no effect over the itching i think.use of atarax 25 mg at night.alaspan in the morning and application of calamine lotion decteases the itching
Dermatologist Dr. Shilpa Bhat's  Response
hi there.
thanks for posting here.
you appear to have allergic contact dermatitis.
In my practice i prescribe steroid cream like fluticasone at night and a moisturiser in the morning.
Avoid soaps, use a gentle cleanser.
you can take an antihistamine like cetrizine for a week.
It has nothing to do with stopping of smoking.
Hope it is helpful to you.
dr shilpa bhat
Bangalore