Itching in left arm, even on feet, swollen. What could it be ?

i stated itching really bad on on my left arm 5 days ago and have been waking up to other bites i guess on top of my left foot and bottom, the back of my left leg and the top of my right foot. I have know idea what it could be my arm is really swollen and has not stop itching as well as the other bites. please tell me what it could be or what to do
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM.
This is suggestive of tick bites which could be causing allergy and swelling. I suggest you apply calamine lotion on the swollen area and take Tab Atarax three times daily for 3 days. I also suggest you check your bedding and linen for tick infestations. If this swelling does not reduce in three days, I suggest you get a skin doctor's opinion and appropriate therapy. Thanks.