Itching in different parts of body, some welts and bumps, currently applying hydrocortizone cream. Treatment ?

I am very itchy. The itch is on different parts of my body at different times. I have some welts and bumps but not many. They don t appear to be bug bites. The itchiness has been on my ankles, waist , stomach , wrists, behind my ears and on my head. My wrists and behind my ears are the worst. These two locations are also places that my new puppy enjoys biting and chewing on. I do have some very tiny bite marks and scratches in those areas from the puppy. But the other places on my body which are not that severe, the puppy has not touched. I know the puppy does not have fleas and I also know how to identify fleas and flea bites. I am currently applying hydrochortizone cream but it is not working too well.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013