Itching and lumps on the head and near the eyes. Enlarged lymph node. Allergic reaction?

Hello, last week my eyes and head itched bad. But no lice . The following couple days lumps/bumps appeared on scalp that are very tender. But not red or can be seen, just felt. The bumps are now on my face. Focused around my right eye, eye brow. My ear also hurts and a lymphnode near my ear is enlarged. Saw dr. We noticed the lumps/bumps (not pimples or boils) are all on right hemisphere only. Thinks allergic reaction . Gives Zantac , Claritin and prednisone . After 4 days on meds there is no improvement and more spots. Obviously I will go back to dr as my eye aches and these bumps hurt and itch. But she honestly had no idea what they were the first time.. So now what
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013