Itchiness under foot. What is the fluid inside? Why the discomfort?

After a long day of walking, I develop an itchy feelings under my foot specifically my under my right foot. In the itching area are small inclination under the skin that are filled with clear fluid. The discomfort is not relieved until the fluid is release. The inclination is so small that it is noticed by touch associated with the discomfort. Once located and pricked by a nail cutter, you can visually see a small hole where the fluid was collected. Is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012