Itchiness in left cheek, spreading to nose. Taken vyrtex, temporary relief. Causes and cure?

hi, a few days ago my daughter began to itch on her face, over the last two days her left cheek has been itchy and began to look like a graze. Today it is spreading further up her cheek and towards her nose , and in discomfort due to the itch. She has had this before on the same area, but not as severe. I have given her a dosage of vyrtex (antihestamine) but it only calmed down her symptoms for 4 hours. What do you think it is?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012