Is this something to be concerned about aching testicle ?

My left testicle (or maybe the veins themselves, I can t pinpoint it) has been aching for about a week now. It s worse at night. I have had a lump on that testicle for at LEAST 12 years (I m 26). My doctor told me it was just veins (though, to be honest, it feels like a small third testicle attached to my left). Is this something to be concerned about ?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
consult a urosurgeon ;probably you might have a varicocele which is troubling you .consult early & you should be fine.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Bhagwan Dass's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic..

as stated before to find out what exactly it is, u need proper examination because by signs u r telling it is rule out other things we have to go through complete examination and also i want to know do u feel any kind of water filled bag like?
consult for further medication and other things.

Dr.Bhagwan dass
  Anonymous's Response
No water filled sac. Saw doctor, will be getting ultrasound tomorrow. Pain is worse and more consistent. Thanks for the responses.