Is there something wrong with me if I think animals are cuter than babies?

Is there something wrong with me if I think animals are cuter than babies? I enjoy the company of my cat moreso than my brothers babies. I get that fuzzy feeling whenever I look at a cute animal but I get nothing out of looking at babies. My family finds it shocking that I would prefer an animal over a human and criticize me for it. You guys may say that everyone has their own tastes, we re all different, yada yada, but every time they tell me I m not normal I can t help but feel inhumane... My family are real bigots when it comes to anything they don t see as normal . I wish I knew how to convince them that just because a person has different feelings doesn t make them crazy...
Asked On : Fri, 30 Apr 2010

Preferring animals over humans is not a psychiatric problem or a disease as such. Hence there is nothing to worry to be frank. Every individual has their own likes and dislikes, even you have liking for cats. There is nothing wrong in that. But do not hate human beings, thats it.