Is there any relation between stomach pain and having heart attack ?

My HUSBAND IS 55 /56 in June, He has Had a heart attack already and stets were put in place his left vent was 95% CLOSED AND THE RIGHT 45% - I would like to know is Really bad stomach cramps a sign that He could be having another. He got what He thought was bad intergestion- up to 7 attacks a day ? The doctor I took him too -the week before the heart attack asked him the symptons he said he had tingles then pain going from his left wrist right up his arm and across his chest across his back like a tight band and down his right arm... The doctor said it was just intergestion and gave him anti acid tablets I went nuts but my husband ignored me as the doctor knew best.. . I feel sick with worry that he is again thinking he is just going through intergestion and not realise and die --- Should I take him to the hospital ??
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Stomach cramps, heartburn and/or indigestion are not typical signs of an attack of myocardial infaction (heart attack), however can be present during an attack. The commonly presenting symptoms are, pain, fullness, squeezing sensation of the chest, jaw pain, toothache, headache,shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, and/or general epigastric (upper middle abdomen) discomfort, sweating, arm pain (more commonly the left arm, but may be either arm), upper back pain, general malaise (vague feeling of illness), no symptoms (Approximately one quarter of all heart attacks are silent, without chest pain or new symptoms. Silent heart attacks are especially common among patients with diabetes mellitus.)