Is there any other tablet which cure sever rashes ?

My father is taking wysolone tablets for 10 years .now not able to leave that tablet.if he leave that severe raches appers on the skin.diabeties,heart problems occur due to this tablet. Is there any other tablet which cure this
Asked On : Tue, 16 Mar 2010
welcome to HCM...,
Thanks for query...,
Now your Father have Wysolone dependency...,
If withdraw the tablet`...withdrawal effects will appear...,
Hence being Steroid...Gradually tapering the doselike...,
If eg..10 mg wysolone per day....> tapper to 5 mg for 10 days....> then
alternatively..5 mg......> after 5 mg once in 3 days for 7 doses...> weekly 5 mg.....
For 3 months ......and tappering it off...., This one is also...if wysolone indication is not..
mandatory...o.k ..eventhough don'tr do tappering your own way...consult good ...
good dermatologist.....get good result..
Neurologist, Surgical Dr. Amit Kumar Ghosh's  Response
why is he taking wysolone? If due to skin disease, he can switch over to Methotrexate or ther type of immunosupressant. You should see a dermatologist and an endocrinologist.

Anonymous's Response

Yes man, your father would have become dependent on it now and that is the reason he is not able to live without its support. And also it should not be withdrawn all of a sudden. Should be gradually tapered and then taken off.