Is there any medicine to increase height ?

hi sir this is sai kirn ,my age is 22 but my height is 5.4inches .i want it increse my height upto there any medicines avialable to increse height at this age .it there pls help me.i am facing so many problems with my height in college,markets every where.all are calling me like short pls help me sir..........thank full in advance
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Hello Sai;
There is no method to increase the height of a person after age of 22 yrs as by this time all the long bones get fused so extension is not possible.Secondly the height is hereditary so it will be like your height will be in proportion to your parents.
As far as people calling you short you can tell them many eminent personalities like cricketer,filmstars are short in height but have grown very high in stature.
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Unfortunately, there is no treatment available to increase your height. At this age, the ends of the long bones have fused and further growth ( which takes place at the ends) is not possible. The only way out is to get customized shoes which typically can add a few inches to your height.
Please remember that it is not the height but the overall personality of a person which determines the way the world looks at them. A lot of short men like Napolean have achieved greatness. So turn around your personality and excel in things you want to achieve. These small things will stop mattering then.
Hope this helps.