Is there any harm to have an endoscopy ?

Hi sir, my mom has been told for having endoscopy by doctor . Is there any harm in doing so
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Hi Rouf.

Endoscopy is a minor investigation procedure done under mild sedation.

It takes approximately 5 - 7 minutes to finish the procedure.
Its a safe procedure and you need not worry.
Get it done from an experienced doctor

Thanks and Regards
hi rouf
welcome to health care magic
Endoscopy is just looking inside the body using a flexible tube that has a small camera on the end of it which is called an endoscope.
there is no harm generally if done under expereinced doctor.some may cause pain,bleeding,infection and some may cause tearing of wall while examination.
good luck