Is there any diet or exercise to increase my height ?

Hello doctor i am charan and i am 18 years old i want to increase my height.I am having nice diet and doing streching exercises and i am also going to gym and doing stretching exercises there also,but i am afraid that i can go or not as i am not seeing any change in me.Doctor i want to grow taller as my ambition needs only height without a good height i cannot reach my goal.So pls tell me wheather i could grow tall or not?If i can grow wat are the exercises that oi should do or what is the diet that should be taken by me?Please help me doctor.Thank u:)
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
hi, Charan,
Thanks for query,
You continue exercise mainly jogging,cycling,rope jumping,
Take high protein diet,
if your height genetically less it is difficult to reach your goal height is not important but intellectual and efficacy is important,
ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi charan,
Height is regulated by hereditary factors and however badly one may wish to increase the height, it has limitations. Height is determined by the growth of the long bones of the lower limbs. Once the growing end fuses, the height cannot increase any further. The fusion of the growing end occurs between 18 to 20 years. Though the actual height cannot be increased you could make yourself appear taller by walking uprightly without stooping, wearing platform footwear, using vertically striped pants and shirts.
I suggest you should be content with whatever your height is. There are lots of famous people present and past who were very successful in their life, although they were not blessed with even average height. So don't loose heart and concentrate on your goal.
Wish you good luck.