Is there a chance for me to conceive as I have bulky ovaries with multiple cysts ?

hello doctor , my age is 31, hight 5 2 , weight 89. Is married for last 3 years. My main problem is pregnancy . I have bullky overies with miltipiles cysts . I had undergone IUI medical treatment and the resualt was nagative. As per the test the quality of egg is not up to the mark. Now they suggest for IVF and if require, we need eggs from doner. Is it possiable to concesive while having cysts and also without having eggs from doner. please reply ...
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If you can get eggs and do IVF it should work. There are other techniques like GIFT, ZIFT which will also do incase IVF fails. You can conceive with this trial. For multiple cysts has your Doctor put you on ovulation induction medicine like Clomiphene first. Once you ovulate by this medicine you can get pregnant if Husband's sperm is also normal. You need to control blood sugar and have regular cycles before attempting this if you have PCOD especially.
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is multifactorial hormonal disorder which leads to either absence or infrequent ovulation and the result is delayed periods and infertility. To know the quality and quantity of egg, serum FSH levels are important. In present day practice donor egg IVF is the last resort where ovaries are completely destroyed. I dont think you ll need donor egg if you have ovaries which are responding to hormones. Reducing weight will be always useful whether you are going for IVF or not and improves result in both. If FSH levels are within normal range you can go for IVF-ICSI with your own eggs. It has got good success rate. Take care.