Is surgery the only option for Anal Fistuala ?

Hey Doc...I was told by a doctor whom I have check up lately that I might have Anal Fistuala...and i hear the surgery is the only treatment..but here is the dilemma...i think its more of an infection that caused rupture and partly due to my negligence in treatment..can you help & advise.. a pimple on my right buttock cheek causing drainage
Asked On : Sun, 25 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Symptoms of anal fistula, cyst, a rupture cyst can all produce similar symptoms.. A per rectal examination is the ony way of differentiating it.. Hence a doctor who has examined you would know what the cause is.. If you feel that your last doctor may be wrong, you can take a second opinion...