Is surgery advisable for my son who has breathing problem and heart discomfort ?

Iam a Nigerian,my son has breathing problem at birth , congenital ptosis of the eye due to cranial nerve damage or occulomotor and other developmental delays like speech impairment for instance he is six but still could not yet talk clearly.Also suspected partial hearing loss(not yet confirmed because the drug given to him to put him to sleep to carry out this test did not work on him). Doctors treating him in Nigeria are of divided opinions whether to do surgery of the eye or not This is because of the associated heart problem he has. I am afraid because i read online that if left untreated it could result to astigmatism of the eye. Please advice
Asked On : Wed, 29 Sep 2010