Is passing stools with blood normal after tonsilectomy surgery ?

Hi, I am a 17 year old male approximately 5 foot 10 and 150 pounds, I had my tonsils removed 10 days ago. On day 8 I was hospitalized with bleeding and had to have emergency surgery to stop the bleeding. I was bleeding for about 2 hours before the surgery. I swallowed alot of blood and threw up a few times. I was sent home, but now there has been alot of blood in my bowel movement very dark stool, This has occured about 6 times in the past day and a half. Is this the blood i swolled or is this a new problem i should get looked at?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011