Is melasma genetic and what could be the permanent treatment for its cure ?

hi. i am 27 year old and deliver a baby boy (4 MONTH) . I have malasma on my face this is present before pregnency also and even these were started to flareup from when i was 24 year old. I have consult to dermatolosist, he advise me (Hydroquenone and suncross sunscream) but due to hydroq. i feel redness & more flare then after i used Kojic acid since 2 year i feel some better and i havedone peeling by glycolic acid(35%) after every 2 month these were all befor pregnancy but now what can i do & plz tell me is it genetic also? becoz my elder sis ,elder brother and younger brither also have same pattern of pigmentation and started in almost 24-25 year. i cant face sun exposer even for 5 minut cholasma become prominant. lz give me suggestion and permanent treatment. thanks Delhi
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011