Is it safe to take levolin 0.31mg through nebulization directly

hi my 2months old niece is treated with levolin0.31mg through nebulization directly.please let me know how safe is it?i heard it should be mixed with glucose while it is been far is it true?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Hi there,

Thank you for choosing HCM for your query.

Levolin already comes diluted in a solution and hence can be used directly in nebulization and does not need to be mixed. However, there are other medications that come in a solution form that are nebulized that need to be mixed with saline.

Levolin is a safe medication to use and has relatively fewer side effects compared to other similar medicines used for asthma but its safety has not been completely established in children less than 4 yr old children.

It is very uncommon for 2 months old to develop asthma and if you are using levolin for reactive airway disease or asthma on your 2 month old niece for a prolonged duration of time, then you need to have her examined by her pediatrician who will investigate further to rule out other conditions.

Hope this helps.
Dr. Sumeet.