Is it safe to mask the pain or should I continue to seek answers about the horrible throbbing jaw pain ?

Hello, I am a 49 year old female with several health problems (Partial Simple Seizures ,Hyper lipidemia, High blood pressure , IBS, GERD , Hiatal herna, and Severe RLS - tetnany cramps in both legs, arm and chest , treated with meds for all). Recently I went to our local ER because I was experiencing left jaw pain that would wax and wain with nothing making it better or worst. I also saw my dentist to rule out dental problems prior to going to the ER. I was admitted to a heart care center for follow up care and testing. The pain subsided with Nitoglycerine only. I took a stress test with profusion and it was normal. I was discharged and sought attention from my primary care provider. My Blood Pressure was 159/110 in his office. He thought that the pain may be caused by a digestive problem. He obtained a digestive coctail and it did help for a minute or two. The Doctor prescribed extra Zantac with prilosec, high dose of Mortrin, narco, and elavil. Is it safe to mask the pain or should I continue to seek answers about the horrible throbbing jaw pain?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011