Is it safe for my 1yr old kid to have Taxim-O syrup?

is it safe for my 1yr old kid to have Taxim-O syrup. he has fever , cough, cold. he is getting loose motions after taking Taxim-o. is it normal?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Feb 2011
Taxim-o is an antibiotic named cefixime.It is safe drug for child of this age.Your doctor must have prescribed it keeping in mind this.Loose motions can happen after any antibiotic and they become fine after stopping of antibiotic.so pl.give more fluids and light diet to eat.Do not stop the drug on your own ,pl.see your doctor again if it increases.otherwise do not worry.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.