Is it safe for a kidney donor to have trocit 500 citicoline tablet , nootropil 800 piracetam tablet, mentat gabapin 100 for forgetfulness ?

hi doc its regarding my mom and before asking any question i would like to let u know that my mom is 65 years and she is a kidney donor.she had donated her kidney to one of my elder sister its been 11 years now.she is even suffering from from severe osteoporosis for which she is taking jointace dn tablet once a day for over 3years,recently for over 2years i noticed that my mom has become very absent minded like when i gave her some stuffs to be taken care of.she misplaces it she doesnt even remember where she has kept ,and for this we have consulted a neurologist from max hospital in gurgaon and he had prescribed some medicines for that he had prescribed some medicines for that and medicines are strocit 500 citicoline tablet , nootropil 800 piracetam tablet ,mentat gabapin 100 twice a day now my question to you is are these medicines totally safe for her considering the fact that she is a kidney donor patient is there any side effects of these medicine because for the past few days she was complaining of her severe shoulder ache she could neither sit nor lie down for long , insomnia etc please do advise .thanks some
Asked On : Wed, 21 Mar 2012