Is it normal to see purplish swelling below a facial laceration?

I had a two- inch facial laceration on my forehead near my hairline which required fourteen stitches to close on Friday morning. Saturday night my eye started to swell and today, Sunday, my eye is swollen above and beneath and is also purple in color. This is the eye below the laceration. It was not swollen on Saturday morning in this way. Is this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at HCM

I would keep a possibility of a bruise/ ecchymosis because of internal bleeding.

A bruise normally will resolve by itself in 10-14 days and i normally advice my patients an oral Vit C supplement once daily to hasten the resolution.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

take care
regards

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.